Why choose Agility Cloud Mail?
If you've got an existing e-mail service, you may be wondering why Agility Mail is a better choice for your business - find out why below or call our team on 01392 950 950 and we'll help explain how you can benefit:
Agility Mail vs POP-3 email
POP-3 is an old service - it has been very robust but is designed for the most basic needs. A few shortcomings include:
- Inability to store e-mail "on the server" - it is all downloaded to your computer and stored there (and thus at risk if your computer fails). It also means you can't access it when you're not at that computer.
- Poor at handling large files - if you regularly receive large files and attachments, POP3 can be a real pain - with small mailboxes and limited storage capabilities, plus e-mail clients often start timing out or erroring when faced with lots of large mail.
- Not designed for "Mobile E-Mail" - you can't easily or fully receive all messages on your mobile and tablet device as well as your computer without problems developing.
- Doesn't store "Sent Items" - your sent items are never on the server, so you can't see them elsewhere - and if you have setup the "workarounds" to let 2 computers see "most" of your e-mail it doesn't include Sent Items - anything sent on one computer isn't available on the other.
- No Calendar, Tasks or Contacts Support - POP-3 just cannot do this - it isn't part of the system at all.
You're probably using POP-3 mail if any of these statements are true:
- You can't access your e-mail from multiple computers
- You use Outlook Express or Windows Mail software
- You have 2 computers setup for e-mail but Sent Items are only visible on the computer that originally sent the message.
Agility Mail vs IMAP E-Mail
While IMAP is an improvement on POP-3 in some ways, it is also different and has a number of shortcomings:
- Most e-mail clients have poor support for IMAP e-mail and don't make a good job of the extra features it offers over other options such as POP-3
- In most cases, Sent Items are not sent to the server - so are still stored locally on the computer - while technically caused by the e-mail client, because IMAP is complicated and uses multiple standards alongside it (such as SMTP), the scope for variation in how it operates is large and defeats some of its theoretical benefits over POP3.
- Data is generally not available "offline" because data is not stored or "cached" on your computer - so if you have no Internet Access, you simply cannot see old messages and access this data (which can allow you to function while your Internet connection is fixed)
- Supporting IMAP users is complicated because the software you use with e-mail such as Outlook and Mobile Devices etc vary so much in support - and because of other limitations leaves you with a fragmented view of your e-mail.
- No native Calendar, Tasks or Contacts Support - POP-3 just cannot do this - it isn't part of the system at all, so any system that supports it uses non-standard "fixes" further limiting it.
Agility Mail vs Web Mail Services
The features do vary a little and there are many services - but compared to typical services such as HotMail, GMail, Yahoo Mail and other commonly used providers:
- More than just Web Mail - Agility Mail offers full support for rich clients such as Microsoft Outlook or Entourage (Mac), as well as Mobile Phone Support
- Better Storage Allowances - Most "Web Based" services include small allowances as part of a "free" offering and you have to view adverts when using the web mail access.
- No Account Expiry - most Web Mail services suspend your account if you don't use it for a while (and often delete messages too) - Agility Mail never does this as long as your account is paid and current.
- You can use your Domain Name for a professional business image - most web mail providers don't allow you to use your own domain name - so you have to be firstname.lastname@example.org rather then email@example.com
Agility Mail vs Hosted EMail Services
While there are too many variations to list every possible option, Agility Mail is a strong option compared to other Hosted Exchange
- You can buy from as little as 1 mailbox - no minimum size required
- You can bring your own domain name, or use an @agilitymail.co.uk address
- We provide generous storage allowances as standard for each user
- You get discounts as the number of mailboxes you take rise
- It works alongside other services that can benefit you such as Agility Desktop
- We support lots of different e-mail clients and mobile devices and are happy to try and help you get yours working, even if it is not on our main list of known supported devices
- Our entire operation (including servers and people for support) is UK Based and responsive
To find out more about the Agility Mail service:
>> Agility Mail: General Product Information
>> Agility Mail: How your business can benefit, Options and Costs
>> Agility Mail: Background and Technical Information
[ click here to read more... ]
Want to buy Agility Mail or speak to us about it?
Talk to us about your requirements, and any existing system you're using that we can migrate you from today – there's no obligation of course. Call 01392 950 950 or enquire online.